IndoChina: Halong Bay


If you are used with noisy cities and vast skyscrapers, Indochina should be removed in your list.
However, if you are seeking simplicity, diversity, history and quietness, this is the region where you should go!

Last October, we seize Indochina starting off in Hanoi, Vietnam – Vientiane, Laos – Bangkok, Thailand in a five day country crawl.





Day 00
0900 – 0011: a long 3 hour bus ride to Halong. Souvenirs and that funny tour guide
Just a typical bus ride from Hanoi to Halong with our tour guide explaining everything about Vietnam’s history, its landmarks and the significance to Hanoian culture. I have witnessed the country side of Vietnam while travelling and its similarity and difference with the Philippines. Stop overs and souvenir shops are organized too so you can grab your food and taste of the northern Vietnam’s culture.




Tips:
1. You can book your trip to Halong Bay through your hostel.
2. They say that tours in Hanoi away from your hostels/hotel are way cheaper. Bottomline: It’s your call.
3. I suggest to not DIY this trip because it would be difficult.
4. By having a package, you’ll surely get your lunch, tour guide, free refreshment and ride back and forth to Halong.
5. Bring your water bottles. That’s essential.
6. There are different tour types: Overnight, days and a day tour. Your choice depends on your schedule availability.


1200-1300: Lunch and Hanoi Cruise.
So first I thought that the cruise tour was awesome and lit as fly! I also thought that the food will be served enough but the price we paid for the tour gave justice to their servings (beverages are not free but the water), the tour and the cruise experience.









Rock formations in Halong also have stories. It’s a 30 minute ride from the pier to Hanoi location itself.





1400: Bai Tu Long Bay // Boat ride or Kayaking
And the fear of falling in the water, getting ourselves wet and our gadgets. We chose the Boat ride accompanied by local boatmen.








1500 – 1600: Thein Cung Cave
You have to go inside the cave. Trek. Go down again. It was tiring yet it's worth it!







1700: Departure to Hanoi: Ready for a Hanoian night life
Most the Filipinos I know compare Halong to Coron or Palawan. I think they are two different wonders. I love that everything that’s served in Halong are tourist friendly, organized and not overly priced for most. I felt acquainted to nature too – tells me that nature wonders tops all the beauty in the world that deserve our love and caring.








Travel Video: Youtube
Related: 

16 comentários

  1. So beautiful and those caves are majestic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful place, still in my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should really come and visit!

      Delete
    2. The Halong Bay looks gorgeous! I've never been to that part of Vietnam before. Oh man, I always stress the importance about bringing water because it's a key player in keeping yourself functional. The views look amazing! Hope you had fun!

      exquisitely.me

      Delete
  3. I have a friend who has visited this place twice and says it's beautiful. I must make a trip soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should really! It's a nice place to see!

      Delete
  4. The Halong Bay looks gorgeous! I've never been to that part of Vietnam before. Oh man, I always stress the importance of bringing water because it's a key player in keeping yourself functional. The views look amazing! Hope you had fun!

    exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, that is really important esp in travelling, aside from hydration, this keeps you safe in consuming anything from out side

      Delete
  5. love your pics ... they really tell a story and cast a spell :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many of my friends have visited and I do hope I will get a chance to visit this place too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment bud! I want conversations going, so i'll reply to you soon. KEEP YOURSELF UPDATED, Subscribe now with my email rss and like this site on facebook and blog connect.

PS. Please also always include your contact info for replies!.