The Voice that Calms the Raging Sea

I remember the first time riding the plane going to another country for a week long vacation  talking to myself, "what did i do to deserve this?".

I remember the first time i dip into that cold water in a waterfall from a travel years ago. I said, "God, Your creations are beautiful".

I remember last summer, my first time snorkeling experience and saw such a vast and beautiful underwater world, I was shaken by God's beautiful hands. The hands that created all these beautiful wonders love me more than anything compare to all these beautiful creatures he created.


The song of River and Robots' Voice That Stills the Raging Sea brought song in me as i enjoy the dipping in the summery ocean. The lyrics goes:

And even in my searching
I know I'm only ever really just beginning
And even though your endless
Lord, my joy is in the searching of Your heart

Everyone is searching. Who's not?

The problem is, we cannot find who and what we are searching because we started at the wrong place and foot. Start accepting who you are. Start loving the people around you. Start appreciating the small blessings you have everyday and for sure you will find what you are looking for. Know Jesus more and for sure you don't need to search for things, feelings or accomplishment because He is enough already.

And even on this ocean
With the waves all crashing over and around me
I put my trust in Your love
For Your voice has stilled the savagest of storms
You are not ok.

I heard a lot of times lately that people are trying to be ok because they feel that their tears are sign of weakness. For me, it is not. Your tears are part of your flesh, it is your way of releasing what you feel inside in the midst of the chaos you experience around. The problems are crashing onto you and crying doesn't mean you're weak, it's a sign of fighting and finding courage. You have stopped fighting? that's not quitting, you just went back to your camp to think and plan things through for your next attack.

Cry. Kneel down. Surrender to the King. After all this chaos, for sure you will find the light in you to stand up again for the next days of battle. His voice and love will guide you through the storm because He has overcome.

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
-John 16:33

So let Your voice that stills the raging sea speak over me
Speak "Peace

Listen.

Sometimes we talk to much. We are becoming more selfish and self centered because we focus more on our moves, things we need to accomplish and to our failures. There are always time to stop, listen and concentrate. Let Your captain control the boat as he ride the storms in your path. Don't be afraid to surrender in Him because He carries the weak and heavily burdened. He is Peace. 

"Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful"
-Colossians 3:15

6 comentários

  1. Great advice, Steve. Jesus is enough and when we embrace Him, he leads us into all fulfillment! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary, indeed. Nothing is needed more but Jesus alone

      Delete
  2. kumust....mahirap maghanap ng gusto natin kung ang ating hinahanap wala sa tabi o lugar natin..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to hear back from you Arvin. Im ok. Yup. Just pray and we will surely find what we are seachng. :)

      Delete
  3. I slightly agree with you when you said that we should accept ourselves. However, that is just the beginning. We must accept ourselves but must still strive to be better, to shed off that sinful self. The best way to search for yourself is to search for God for He is the only One who know us 100%

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agree on that, most people sometimes hate themselves but the process of transformation is firstly accepting your human nature and improving will come next. Just like learning, we should also never stop changing ourselves not for other people but for ourselves so that we can be a blessing to others. :)

      Delete

Thanks for the comment bud! I want conversations going, so i'll reply to you soon. KEEP YOURSELF UPDATED, Subscribe now with my email rss and like this site on facebook and blog connect.

PS. Please also always include your contact info for replies!.