Lens Project: Castle on A Hill - Divide


Last summer, (May here in the Philippines) my grandmother went in our home in Manila. As my gift, i gave her a plane ticket going back home to our province. This is my grandmother's first plane ride so i'm excited and so as everyone for her. 

It was 9 years since i went home and everything is exciting and chilling for me. Knowing that i know, lots have changed in there, i will be learning a lot of stories from relatives and people there. 

During the travel, i realized that Ed Sheeran's song perfectly sums about how it feels to go back to a familiar place where you spent your childhood days with loved and close ones. So now i give you my homecoming photography collection that tells the story of going to a place you still call home and how it  has touched you. 

And tasted the sweet perfume of the mountain grass I rolled down
I was younger then, take me back to when I

Found my heart and broke it here
Made friends and lost them through the years

And I've not seen the roaring fields in so long, I know I've grown
But I can't wait to go home

I'm on my way
Driving at 90 down those country lanes

And I miss the way you make me feel, and it's real

We watched the sunset over the castle on the hill.

But these people raised me
And I can't wait to go home

21 comentários

  1. These photos are absolutely gorgeous. The location is beautiful and you captured the essence of everything so perfectly! I'm actually in love, and a little jealous that I'm not there.

    Amy;
    Little Moon Elephant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy, those are really kind words of you! So inspiring!

      Delete
  2. Awesome pictures! Picture perfect, you have this extraordinary talent of a professional photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, how exciting to be taking grandma on her first plane ride! I often think of that Ed Shereen song too. I think a lot of people can connect to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was really exciting! :) She didnt mind her ride but her baggage! ha!
      It is really nostalgic!

      Delete
  4. You live in a beautiful place and you take great photos! You are a filial grandson!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! our parents and grands deserve it! Thank you! It is really beautiful here

      Delete
  5. Wow, great job! These pics are amazing!!!
    Love, Paola.
    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  6. I gotta say.. those are great photos. To think, this is from your home town right? Ganda !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is, and i hope that this place stays the same.

      Delete
  7. I love these photos! They're gorgeous. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. wow... saan? capture shots please so we can see too!

      Delete
  9. Wow, gorgeous photos! :) Where is this? Looks like a very picturesque place :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's in the Philippines, Masbate province. An island.

      Delete

Thanks for the comment bud! I want conversations going, so i'll reply to you soon. KEEP YOURSELF UPDATED, Subscribe now with my email rss and like this site on facebook and blog connect.

PS. Please also always include your contact info for replies!.