Travel Book 2015 [Summer Edition] - Chapter two: The Sentimental Value



In case you wonder if you're still on the latest post, oh yes! you do! We are still on my Travel Book 2015 [Summer Edition] Series and we are half way on the journey.

If in case you wanna catch up, here are the other two posts that you have missed: 


Why sentimental value?
Here's the story.

So after hitting the Baguio roads and the northern part of the Philippines for my church ministry, the day after i arrived,  we kicked our asses off to our province in Masbate City. My mom arrived last month from Oman for her job vacation and here we are, our clan went to our province to be re-united with my relatives there. 

The sad part is, we know that the place will never be the same again after the death of my grandpa. We treat him as the head of the family and he takes the responsibility for his  self-made/ hard earned lands, but now, all of his siblings have their own lives and  family and most of us are here in Manila, no one is left to take care of his place. 

Seeing the place where you built your memory, while the person you shared those memories was gone, that is haunted. 

We headed to our province to fix some land and legal papers to secure the family's future, we are not ought to sell it but to have it for generations in order to preserve the memories, especially of our grandparents, We don't want to throw all their labor just to buy those lands, it's more of a sentimental value. 


The Travel: 
Left Cubao via Roro Bus at 3:00 pm and travelled all the way down south. Arrived in Bicol at 4am. Waited few more hours, and the ferry left at 6pm, the sun is still down and i can barely see the view, even Mayon Volcano which i often see when we travel to Masbate before. Arrived in Masbate at 9:00 am and in our town, Dimasalang City at 12:00 nn.



Cuabo Roro bus station

Can you see how excited i am? On the way to the beach




The Days in Masbate and going back to Manila. 
We have two houses in our province, one is in the city where everywhere is accessible while the other is on the mountains which is remote even at this time (and i would like to keep it that way). The following day, we rose early for the city house general cleaning, went to the beach, slept and went to the mountain (bukid). Spent all the days there and went back to Manila after 3 days for my job.




Yeah, he must be mad at me? my super adorable nephew. 

know more about our city (CLICK HERE)
Did you know that Masbate City is the Rodeo Capital of the Philippines?
Howday Cowboys! 

11 comentários

  1. Yeah, memories can be both beautiful and haunting at the same time. That's why I treasure them and the people that were involved in them. I'm glad you've decided to take this journey. Sounds and looks so beautiful. Sorry for the loss of your grandfather.

    Also, I did not know that fact about Masbate City, of course I come from Texas, so yeah, I can relate about cowboys and the likes of the west, and that speaks volumes already. Hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must have been a wonderful time being reunited with your mum and relatives. Enjoy your tour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh so you're originally from Masbate.. hayst.. ako sa Cavite lang and unlike yung malalayong probinsya, sobrang populated na lahat ng town sa Cavite.. nawawala na yung ideal na province life na gusto ko hehe.. siguro being there is more like walking down the memory lane no? Thanks for sharing steve

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dad is also from Masbate! Hehe! :) I haven't been there but I hope I could experience and enjoy it as much as you did :)

    www.jhanzey.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope to visit masbate someday, I heard you have lots of fresh sea foods there and I love sea foods, particularly crabs. someday.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful to have memories that stay so long with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your first selfie is very cool ... i've never seen a selfie taken on a moving motorcycle before! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Were you guys hanging on to the jeepney or what...on the way to the beach? Sad about your grandpa - when the ones we love go, they leave a space that no one else can fill...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never been to Masbate, but I can still remember vividly living in the barrio. I loved it, and how I wished my kids can experienced it even just for a week or two.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, yes, you really look so excited hanging on behind the two other men on the way to the beach. Can understand the sentimental value to go back to see your grandfather's house and land. Thanks for sharing the photos. I have never been to your country and can know it from your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoa! Taga-Masbate ka pala. Nakapunta na rin ako dýan. Yun nga lang sa Masbate City lang. Sayang nga at hindi ko na-tyempuhan yung rodeo.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment bud! I want conversations going, so i'll reply to you soon. KEEP YOURSELF UPDATED, Subscribe now with my email rss and like this site on facebook and blog connect.

PS. Please also always include your contact info for replies!.