When God is Silent


A year ago, God revealed to me that He wants me to be a missionary. It was a tough journey because of the application process, document requirements and even Visa to our orientation in South Africa.
It was a magic and really a living-a-dream moment when we were in South Africa. Not until after going home and waiting for Visa for our place of assignment happened.

We went home, together with my other 53 cohorts in our home countries last August 10 to process our Visa to our place of assignments, where we will work on the injustices in different fields such as poverty, hunger, migration, violence , environment. HIV/Aids, health, sexual abuses and many other more.


I personally thought that obtaining a Visa to my Place of Assignment (POA) in Zambia is easy and would only take me a month, now, it’s a month short to December where we are only allowed to stay at our home countries before the year ends.

I feel that God is silent.
I know I am not the only one feeling this, together with the other cohorts of this program who feel that they can’t do anything in Visa processes, documentations and feeling that maybe, this is not God’s actual leading for us.

I know I am not the only one feeling this, like you, you are in a situation where you felt God called you to do something but yet, situations seems to not be working for you. God just seem to be just watching you suffer and just so silent in all these challenges.

I feel God is silent too in this time of waiting.

They keep saying to me,
“Where is the word of the Lord?
Let it now be fulfilled!
-Jeremiah 17:15 (NIV)

I read last few days that verse in Jeremiah while doing my devotion. Behold, because God's promise is about to happen! He will turn our burdens into wonder!

I’ve said it in my previous blog before, that God will always come in rescue in His perfect timing. But as human nature kicks in, we always forget that He got us in His hands, He got this, He has better plans, He wants us to learn and wait, be still and trust.

Just in case you forget, here are our reminders in this season of silence and trusting:

"I see you moved, I see you do it again"
-Do it Again, Elevation Worship

"For the God I know, is known for Faithfulness"
-Hindsight, Hillsong Y&F

"You will go before me, You will never leave me"
-I am not Alone, Kari Jobe

"I will never ever walk alone"
-Never Walk Alone, Rend Collective

7 comentários

  1. Good and purposeful to devote work and life to God. Wish you all the best. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a reason for the long delay. Be still and know that He is God and His timing is always right. God bless you and all those with you in your mission work. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to visit this place one day!

    Shoot for the stars | ☆ ☆ ☆ | Facebook page | ☆ ☆ ☆ | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's great that you've followed the words of God and created your own journey throughout the world to share your devotion.

    Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment bud! I want conversations going, so i'll reply to you soon. KEEP YOURSELF UPDATED, Subscribe now with my email rss and like this site on facebook and blog connect.

PS. Please also always include your contact info for replies!.